Friday 25 February 2011

Getting Extra Dropbox Space Free

Since I started using it, Dropbox has become absolutely invaluable to me. (See my earlier post for an introduction to the joys of Dropboxing). It makes it difficult to remember a time when I had to bring a USB flash drive around everywhere with me and pass it around to share lesson plans and whiteboard files with my colleagues. Now, if I save a file into my Dropbox, I know it will be available the next day- even if I do not have access to my own laptop. It even saves different versions of files to avoid the nightmare saving over your own work scenario.

Anyway, if you are running out of space in your free Dropbox account (and the average teacher would probably find it difficult to justify the expense of a paid account) then there are a couple of ways you can get a few extra bytes of storage quite easily.

Social media connections
Go to this link (you will need to then log into your account) and you will be presented with a list of tasks, such as liking Dropbox on Facebook, that will earn you extra free space.





Refer-a-friend
Log into your Dropbox account and look for this icon:


You can then recommend Dropbox to your friends and colleagues (I am sure they will be grateful) and earn yourself some free storage space.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post. I tweeted your info and gave my followers the link to your blog post.

    I love Dropbox. It has been a lifesaver for me when I was away from home and needed a file for a presentation.

    My twitter tag is @jghfoundation08

    ReplyDelete

Followers