Thursday 15 April 2010

Dropbox- share folders and files between computers.

Dropbox is a free program that makes it easy to back up and share files and folders between computers and access them on-line from any computer. Once it is set up on your computer a Dropbox folder sits in your My Documents folder and you save files in it as usual. Dropbox automatically synchronises the files between computers as you update them.

This video from the Dropbox website explains it quite simply:





 As a teacher, I have found it very useful for making sure I can access lesson plans and resources on my home computer and on my school computer. I also installed Dropbox on my fellow year 3 teacher's laptop so it is very easy for us to share documents and resources. It means I don't need to carry a memory stick around with me because even if I don't have my laptop, I can get my files from the Dropbox website.

If you decide to install Dropbox and want to be nice, you could download it through my referral link, This will get me some free bonus Dropbox space. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers